[ctw] Re: Keeping EIMS/ASSP user data sync'd?

  • From: aklist <aklist_eims@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ctw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 20 Aug 2011 13:48:22 -0700

On 7/13/2011 10:01 AM, TR Shaw wrote:
I have a script to dump them from eims BUT I just use @domain.com for my
user/domain and let eims do the rejection f the account isn't there.  Simple.
Only have to change when you add a domain not a user.

Tom

Hi Tom: After implementing this strategy, I'm finding that my EIMS "receive error log" is filling up with "receive failed from..." messages for bogus accounts.

Aside from this minor inconvenience of the log filled with these errors, is there any other advantage to having ASSP reject the invalid addresses?

Any reduction in server overhead?

Any ability in ASSP to block on too-many-unknown-user attempts?

TIA, AK

On Jul 13, 2011, at 12:16 PM, aklist wrote:

Hi All: I currently have two EIMS servers in production, one running
CounterAgent and the other running ASSP. I've been slowly migrating domains to
the ASSP server, and find myself forgetting to add email addresses to the valid
recipients list in ASSP when I add a user in EIMS.

Just wondering what people are doing to keep this in sync? I'm not using
LDAP...should I be using it?

TIA, AK
Circle The Wagons
manage: //www.freelists.org/list/ctw post: mailto:ctw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx