[ctw] Re: A few questions

  • From: Tom Shaw <tshaw@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: ctw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 19 Oct 2009 09:49:21 -0400

At 12:51 AM -0500 10/19/09, webcatalog@xxxxxxx wrote:
Tom and Folks

how do block reports work?

what is a block report and who can get them.

My server keeps sending this out on occasion any ideas why?

The following message could not be delivered to sdagley@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
because the domain beachbumsconsulting.com does not exist.
Reporting-MTA: dns; mymailserver
Arrival-Date: Mon, 19 Oct 2009 00:31:57 -0500

Final-Recipient: rfc822; sdagley@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Action: failed

From: Support Services <support@ mymailserver.com>
Date: October 19, 2009 12:31:57 AM CDT
To: sdagley@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: ASSP-Block-Report

That one is because I forgot to remove it from support files (I host Steve's business) Just edit the block report file.

As for what they are you can set them up to email the admins of each domain (I also send a global report to myself) you that can review what was blocked and click to add to whitelist or if quarentined release from quarentine, etc.

I am considering moving to another mail server. Eims is just not gettitng the development attention a modern mail server needs. I need webinterfaces, admin interfaces etc. Glenn doesn't seem to think these are necessary and if you do ask for it you get a scolding. I pay for atmail and that combined with eims etc adds up, plus my customers are crying for features, like I mentioned.

is assp necessary with apples mail server. I'd like to the hear any pros and con's to their latest mail server implementation.

I have it in front of both. I love the fact that ASSP always reports delivery problems to the sender unlike spamassassin. The idea in a business of just circular filing mail just doesn't work form me in business.

Tom
--
Tom Shaw - Chief Engineer, OITC
<tshaw at oitc.com>, http://www.oitc.com/ local wx: http://www.oitc.com/weather