[cts-newsletters-html] UGM 3.0 Storage/Artificial Intelligence

  • From: "The Screen Savers Today" <screen_savers_today@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: cts-newsletters-html@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2001 21:13:46 MST

Artificial intelligence on tonight's show:

http://www.thescreensavers.com

+--+--+--+--+--+--+--What's Up Today--+--+--+--+--+--+--+

ULTIMATE STORAGE
The storage devices of our new UGM.
Part two of a five-part series.
http://tm0.com/sbct.cgi?s=117655167&i=308615&d=1107775

ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE
Walter Tackett of NativeMinds talks about
A.I. and how it will be used in business.
http://tm0.com/sbct.cgi?s=117655167&i=308615&d=1107776

CD CLONING
Many CDs are copy protected.
Here's how to work around it.
http://tm0.com/sbct.cgi?s=117655167&i=308615&d=1107777

KNOW THE LAW
Masato Hayakawa of Morrison & Foerster LLP explains
the copyright law and how it affects archival copies.
http://tm0.com/sbct.cgi?s=117655167&i=308615&d=1107778

WE'LL COME TO YOUR HOME
We're looking for a future House Call
recipient in the San Francisco Bay Area.
http://tm0.com/sbct.cgi?s=117655167&i=308615&d=1107779

TELL US YOUR CRAPPY COMPUTER STORIES
We need guests in the SF Bay Area for a
future segment about your worst computer.
http://tm0.com/sbct.cgi?s=117655167&i=308615&d=1107780

NOMINATE A MOVIE, DVD OR BOOK
http://tm0.com/sbct.cgi?s=117655167&i=308615&d=1107781

IT'S JUST LIKE NAPSTER...SORTA
Can the record industry replace
Napster? Talkback and take the poll.
http://tm0.com/sbct.cgi?s=117655167&i=308615&d=1107782

ONCE AGAIN, WHERE'S RUSS?
http://tm0.com/sbct.cgi?s=117655167&i=308615&d=1107783

ALL THE LINKS FROM TODAY'S SHOW
http://tm0.com/sbct.cgi?s=117655167&i=308615&d=1107784

***************************ADVERTISEMENT***************************
iWin.com - eXtreme lotto. Win $1 million dollars today! Win
thousands of dollars, just for having friends!
http://tm0.com/sbct.cgi?s=117655167&i=308615&d=1107785

+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+

* Wireless Networking: 802.11b baby!!

Rich and Denise from Gloversville, New York just got a
cable modem. Now his sister wants in on the high speed
access. Can we figure a way to use 802.11b to hook up
their houses?

If you want to spend big money, you could buy a ready
made booster antenna or repeater. We're assuming that
ya'll don't want to spend thousands connecting your
homes, even if they are 270 feet apart. Lots of folks
are working on this.

Here's info on how to add an external antenna to Apple's
AirPort, along with links to using an old PrimeStar dish
as a directional 802.11b antenna:

http://www.wwc.edu/~frohro/Airport/Airport.html

And here's a whole mess of links on how to build your
own 802.11b network, booster antennas, and more!

http://home.iprimus.com.au/jhecker/

http://www.telexwireless.com/wlanfaq.htm

http://homepage.mac.com/ambulan/

http://www.networkcomputing.com/1109/1109ws2.html

Anybody know what the FCC thinks about 802.11b boosting?

* Real Media Conversion

Greg called in from Clarksville, Maryland looking for
the scoop on how to convert capture and convert
RealMedia streams into MPEG or AVI files. Tough one,
Greg; a lot of the folks that stream media don't want
you to capture it.

Still, lots of folks find streaming inconvenient if they
want to look at something offline, or if they have a
sloooow connection. Back in the day, Leo 'members,
StreamBox.com could do this. RA2WAV does it for audio
files, if you can find it for download. We don't know of
a good way to capture most streaming video streams.

Got an idea on how to do this? Send it to
'savethehosts@xxxxxxxxxx , kay?

Thanks for reading!
Patrick

+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+

***************************ADVERTISEMENT***************************
Outpost.com has the very latest and best in audio & video from
Tweeter!  FREE OVERNIGHT DELIVERY ON ALL ORDERS OVER $100!
http://tm0.com/sbct.cgi?s=117655167&i=308615&d=1107791

 That's all for today-- keep visiting our site,
 and keep watching The Screen Savers-- it's good
 for you!

You are subscribed to this newsletter with the following email address:
cts-newsletters-html@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

If you would like to unsubscribe at any time, please reply to this message with
"UNSUBSCRIBE" in the subject line. Or send an email to:
screen_savers_today-off@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
If you would like to update your email address visit the TechTV Newsletter hub
at:  http://www.techtv.com/interact/newsletters/