[cseblist] Support the Conservation Alternative

  • From: ecoworld <ecoworld@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: cseb ontario list <cseblist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2003 17:47:35 -0400

As below
Wendy

After the blackout of August 14th, suddenly conservation is a priority
again... but for how long?

You help is needed. Please support the conservation alternative by
signing the online petition for an Ontario Energy Conservation Action
Plan at http://www.petitiononline.com/conserve/

You can view the outline of the plan at www.greenontario.org
<http://www.greenontario.org/>

Conservation should be our first resort for dealing with our current
electricity crisis, not our last. It reduces the need for expensive
system upgrades, it reduces the need to purchase expensive power at peak
times, it reduces smog and greenhouse gas emissions, it will facilitate
the phase-out of Ontario’s coal-fired plants, it will create a more
efficient and stronger economy, and it will reduce energy bills and
prepare consumers for the inevitable increases in electricity prices.

Please take five minutes to add your name to the list, and then forward
this request to your friends and contacts in Ontario.

Thank you,

Chris Winter
Executive Director
The Conservation Council of Ontario.
***************************
Promoting conservation leadership, cooperation, and action for over 50 years
The Conservation Council of Ontario
43 Sorauren Avenue, Toronto, Ontario M6R 2C8
(416) 533-1635
www.greenontario.org <http://www.greenontario.org/>
Chris Winter, Executive Director
Lois Corbett, President