[cseblist] Call for Volunteers -- Doors Closed 2006

  • From: Wendy Thomson <wendy@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: CSEB LISTS LISTS <cseblist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 3 May 2006 13:29:02 -0400

Doors Closed 2006 -Call for Volunteers

With energy security and the danger of brownouts in the forefront of Ontario minds, public support for conservation is at an all-time high. Then why do stores and restaurants think it is a good idea to keep their doors propped open in the middle of a heat wave?

Join Doors Closed Ontario! – a *positive* social marketing campaign to promote energy conservation to retailers across the province during the hot months of summer. We have lots of organizations, business associations, companies, and municipalities that are partnering with us on this campaign, but we can always use some volunteers to contact neighbourhood stores and restaurants.

The Conservation Council of Ontario is looking for enthusiastic volunteers in cities and towns across Ontario to participate in Doors Closed Ontario 2006. Last year’s campaign was a great success and hundreds of retailers agreed to close their doors when running their air conditioning. This year to expand the reach of Doors Closed we need your help talking to retailers in your community and getting them involved.

Is there a retail strip you’d like to canvass? If you have a few hours or a few days you can become an ambassador for conservation in your community.

We will send you a canvassers kit and, where possible, we will connect you with local organizations and associations that are helping promote Doors Closed in your community.

To volunteer, please contact Allegra at the Conservation Council of Ontario

416-533-1635 x 2 or research@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Please spread the word.

weconserve.ca

Ontario's conservation movement