[csdn-sa] Re: OpenSource Voice Conferencing

  • From: Ian Loxton <ilox@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: James Leone <jleone@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 10 Aug 2003 10:43:04 +0930

James Leone wrote:
> Want to take small steps, first try netmeeting, then look into other things?

 I think there are OpenSource clients that can work through
 NetMeeting. My goal is for a server operating out of one
 location and distributing to the net, either streamed to
 anybody, or distributed to a limited audience who have the
 ability to respond to the proceedings.

 Eg: DSL has good net access and lots of power machines. He
 could run a server and let several of us participate with
 today's meeting. Well it is a hope ;-)

 The problem with PalTalk and Net meeting and others of their
 ilk is the need to work through their centralised server
 thus building in time that is usually an irritant for local
 participants.

Cheers,  Ian

--
This is the Community Software Distribution Network - SA