[cs_edworkers] Re: [marxist_study] What´s behind MORE´s disgraceful refusal to march with Garner family?

  • From: Richard Bucci <rizzierobucci@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Study group <marxist_study@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 22 Aug 2014 13:42:27 -0400

In opposing the UFT's participation in the protest march in Staten Island
MORE says: *"Rather, with our brother and sister officers we should seek
improved practices and policies that will result in equal and just outcomes
for all our students and their families."*

By "brother and sister officers" they mean the NYPD murderers of Eric
Garner, Amadou Diallo, Malcolm Ferguson, Patrick Dorismond, Ousmane Zongo,
 Tim Stansbury, Sean Bell, Ramarley Graham, Tamon Robinson, Kimani Gray,
and the brutalizers Abner Louima and of the thousands of blacks and latinos
who have been beaten and choked by the NYPD. MORE also calls for UFT-PBA
solidarity in deciding what to do. The PBA--like the prison guards "unions"
at Riker's Island and throughout the gigantic prison-industrial complex--is
not a union of workers, but a protection racket of the racist thugs
guarding the capitalist order. Whenever even the slightest oversight of
cops is proposed by some deluded liberal, the PBA lashes out, even to the
point of mounting an armed demonstration against the city's only black
mayor (Dinkins). The guards unions have enforced procedures in the prisons
that have allowed them to murder hundreds legally. The PBA hires the
lawyers and mounts the menacing propaganda campaigns to ensure than cops
never found guilty for their many bloody crimes. And indeed, the courts are
part of that racist order.

We have a crisis in the racist, capitalist system right now, and MORE has
come down on the side of the blue-uniformed enforcers of the white
supremacist order. They are part of the rulers' response to the crisis. The
capitalist politicians are seeking black police and security guards as
cover, and phony leftists calling for order and support of the police are
useful as well.  MORE has proved that it stands with the sadistic torturers
of the NYPD rather than their victims. This must be remembered.

On Thu, Aug 21, 2014 at 6:49 PM, Marjorie Stamberg
marjoriestamberg@xxxxxxxxx [marxist_study] <marxist_study@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>