[cs_edworkers] Sunday event "Women of the Mine" & "With Banners Held High"

  • From: S_ AN <s_an@xxxxxxx>
  • To: undisclosed-recipients:;
  • Date: Fri, 8 May 2015 15:35:13 -0400

This Sunday, May 10th, I will be speaking at a film showing called "Miners'
Struggles Around the World, Past and Present." I have been asked to help
present the films by talking about the role of women in miners' struggles, and
related topics. The event will will consist of two new films: a Bolivian film
called Women of the Mine/Mujeres de la mina, and a film on the 1984-85 British
miners' strike called With Banners Held High.Admission is $7 (although if we
get a group of 10 they will lower it to $5).I'd like to invite people to
come!What: Showing of two new films, on women miners in Bolivia and on the
great 1984-85 British miners' strike.When: Sunday, May 10th, meet outside
Cinema Village at 4:15 p.m.; event is 4:30-6:30 p.m.Where: Cinema Village, 22
E. 12th Street (between 5th Avenue and University Place), near the Union Square
subway stop.This describes the
event:http://www.workersunitefilmfestival.org/festival-schedule/2015/5/10/miners-struggles-around-the-world-past-present
Hope to see you there!
-- Sándor