[cs_edworkers] Please vote on this - Joshua would like to join CSEW -- please respond

  • From: S_ AN <s_an@xxxxxxx>
  • To: CSEW-new <cs_edworkers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 10 Dec 2015 18:13:16 -0500

A number of CSEW comrades have not yet voted on this; please see below.

(Note: For some reason Irina's posting, in which she voted "yes," does not seem
to have appeared on the list.)

SJ

From: s_an@xxxxxxx
To: cs_edworkers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [cs_edworkers] Re: Joshua would like to join CSEW -- please respond
Date: Tue, 8 Dec 2015 09:28:34 -0500

I vote "yes."
SJ

Date: Mon, 7 Dec 2015 20:10:59 -0500
Subject: [cs_edworkers] Joshua would like to join CSEW -- please respond
From: marjoriestamberg@xxxxxxxxx
To: cs_edworkers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi comrades,
I'm writing because Joshua Elguera would like to be a member of CSEW. If you
agree please get back to me and let me know, and we can add him to the list -
serve and invite him to our activities and meetings.
Joshua is a Hunter student and member of the Internationalist Club. He has
started teaching (part time) at a school in his neighborhood (Long Island).
It's actually an elite private school there, but that's where he got a job and
is teaching one AP class, I believe. He himself went to Jericho HS and then to
Hunter -- we had a long conversation about teaching and Marxism and education a
week or so ago.
He had approached me about getting involved in CSEW, as he wants to continue
being an education worker -- either in high school, or university. He will go
on to grad school in a related capacity, he is not sure what.
I asked him to look over the CSEW program and he wrote back that he agrees. He
said
"Yes I wholeheartedly agree. I would love to find out more what methods work
for turning the classroom into a place for agitation and for the interests of
all oppressed people."I look forward to working with Joshua, and hope you all
will too.