[cs_edworkers] Orange NJ ---School Board Meetomg Tuesday, May 12th - Defend Marylin Zuniga

  • From: Marjorie Stamberg <marjoriestamberg@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "cs_edworkers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <cs_edworkers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 11 May 2015 20:32:09 -0400

I just received this notice for educators to turn out Tuesday evening to
the Orange County school board meeting where the Board will be
"discussing" the case of Marylin Zuniga, the teacher who was suspended
because her students wrote get well cards to Mumia Abu-Jamal.

Earlier today, Mark L also went by the school board to see what information
there was. I plan to go to this; Mark is teaching. Is anyone else free to
come? We have our CSEW protest letter which I will bring and distribute.

The e-mail posting below was sent out by the Newark New Caucus, a "social
justice caucus" similar to MORE. Brandon Rippey of that caucus is now
contending for president of the Newark Teachers Union. Their Caucus full
name is Newark Education Workers (NEW) Caucus -- I believe they took the
name "education workers" from our influence, actually.

They also attach an open letter to AFT president Randi Weingarten and NJ
education bureaucrats, which is un-signable social-patriotic yuk, bemoaning
the threat to free speech in our so-called great democracy (i.e., US
imperialism?).