[cs_edworkers] Operational: NYCoRE proposals due January 4

  • From: Marjorie Stamberg <marjoriestamberg@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "cs_edworkers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <cs_edworkers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 19 Dec 2015 17:00:36 -0500

We need ideas for proposals, comrades. The conference is in March, but the
proposal deadline is January 4.

If we want to present at NYCORE this year, we need to put together a
proposal ASAP. I think we should, as we always get a good turnout, and
it's one of the ways we can meet new teachers.

Some ideas I have:

I proposed New Orleans privatization, as a possible.

We could do "Common Core Down the Tubes?" We would need a presenter for
this. I cannot commit to this, as I may be out of town (It's a good thing,
but don't ask, I'll tell you later if it happens).

How bout CUNY folk? Adjunct issues? Petraeus war criminal? Or
student-adjunct alliances? Racism on campus?

What about the elex -- no Bernie, no Hillary, no Trump -- for a class
struggle workers party. This might draw among teachers. We could
politically take on Weingarten, Rahm Emanuel, etc.

We could do "Marxism and Education" -- talking about Engels. This may seem
a stretch, but it really isn't. Teachers are very interested in Marxism.

We NEED to do Freire and Vygotsky, but this critical evaluation still needs
to be done!