[cs_edworkers] Re: Meeting date, and my news

  • From: Joshua Elguera <joshua.elguera@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: cs_edworkers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 29 Dec 2015 12:25:42 -0500

Awesome! Good luck with the research.
On Dec 27, 2015 11:27 PM, "Portia Seddon" <portiaseddon@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

That's fantastic Marjorie!!

-P

On Sun, Dec 27, 2015 at 8:27 PM, Marjorie Stamberg <
marjoriestamberg@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Thanks, Irina, I need to stick with the January 16th date. Jonathan--
enjoy your vacation and I'm sure there will be plenty of CSEW activities
and informal meetings throughout the month and year. To Henry -- I'm sorry
you can't be there; I guess the CUNY schedule makes January meetings
difficult...

Comrades, I know we need to file a NYCoRE proposal by Jan 5th and I 'm
drafting up some wording for the blurb and will be asking Mark and others
to collaborate on this shortly....

My good news is, I just got the approval for a six month sabbatical from
the NYC DOE. I will be going to Oaxaca in early February as a visiting
scholar to study language methodologies focusing on indigenous communities
at the University there (the UABJO). I am still in total shock that it
was approved, as the Bloomberg/Klein regime pretty much tried to do away
with sabbaticals. But the UFT fought to preserve them, happy to say.

On Sun, Dec 27, 2015 at 6:29 PM, Irina Langman <irinalangman@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

Joshua,

Sorry to hear you will not be able to attend.
Unfortunately, at this point we can't re-schedule our meeting. You will
of course be notified about the following one through the list-serve.

Irina

On Dec 27, 2015, at 4:16 PM, Joshua Elguera <joshua.elguera@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

Well is it too late to reschedule the CSEW meeting? My family just
planned a vacation during that weekend and now I can't attend. Or is the
next meeting going to be shortly after?

Joshua
On Dec 21, 2015 2:32 PM, "Irina Langman" <irinalangman@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Let's make it official - we meet on Saturday, January 16th, at 4 pm.
See you all there and then!

*Irina*

On Mon, Dec 21, 2015 at 2:25 PM, Mia Foley <mia.r.foley@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

My apologies, yes Saturday. Any Saturday in January.

Sent from my iPhone

On Dec 21, 2015, at 2:19 PM, S_ AN <s_an@xxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi Mia -- You mean Saturday, right?

------------------------------
From: mia.r.foley@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [cs_edworkers] Re: Our next meeting in January
Date: Mon, 21 Dec 2015 14:14:45 -0500
To: cs_edworkers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

I can also meet any Sunday in January at 4p.

Sent from my iPhone

On Dec 21, 2015, at 1:28 PM, Irina Langman <irinalangman@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

Thank you all for responding! It looks like most of us can meet any
Saturday after the 11th, with Marjorie's preference for the 16th or the
30th. Shall we meet on the *16th of January*? Please let me know if
that can be made our firm date. As for the time of day - since Sandor can
be available after 3 pm, let's meet at *4 pm*.

Please let me know* if you absolutely cannot meet on that day and
time*.

*Irina*

On Mon, Dec 21, 2015 at 12:46 PM, Joshua Elguera <
joshua.elguera@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Any Saturday.
On Dec 21, 2015 11:48 AM, "S_ AN" <s_an@xxxxxxx> wrote:

I can meet on any Saturday after January 2, but it would have to be in
the late afternoon, as I am in another meeting on Saturdays until 3 or
later.

SJ

Date: Mon, 21 Dec 2015 11:45:45 -0500
From: dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx