[cryptome] Re: what-does-gchq-know-about-our-devices-that-we-dont

  • From: Aftermath <aftermath.thegreat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "cryptome@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <cryptome@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 5 Jul 2014 14:25:38 -0700

Quite puzzling. They keyboard I can see as there's usually a buffer that
allows characters to remain in memory, but as far as I know, they only stay
in memory while powered on...

as for the trackpad... really? It can tell you what quadrant of the screen
the mouse curser is in (if it was being keylogged and not powered down)

Maybe they did this because they knew people like us would be questioning
why they were removing these chips. Or maybe the manufacturers really are
implanting memory modules into these components.

Very strange. Thanks for the share