[cryptome] Re: utorrent and episcale bitminer: Was RE: Re: Netanyahu

  • From: Shaun O'Connor <capricorn8159@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: cryptome@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 13 Mar 2015 20:35:33 +0000

Another sneaky tactic to watch out for is some outfits"give you notice
of an optional program" but the wording is deliberately obtuse so  that
if you are not very observant you might end up downloading an"extra"
this is often prevalent with free ware. one to watch out for especially
is search-protect which is a bugger to remove.
their tactic is to hijack your browser pumping it with unwanted adverts
which if you try to close them, spawns tabs with yet more adverts.

using the above veiled notification is sneaky because then if you track
the culprits down and inform then that the program was installed without
your consent they can turnaround and rebut your assertion.

https://www.eff.org/deeplinks/2014/11/when-time-comes-we-need-be-ready-fight-tpps-secret-anti-user-agenda