[cryptome] Re: utorrent and episcale bitminer: Was RE: Re: Netanyahu

  • From: "Douglas Rankine" <douglasrankine2001@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <cryptome@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 13 Mar 2015 20:13:38 -0000

Dear Andrew, & Colleagues,

Further to my last  posting, and for your information.  You can download an
uninstaller from the following url:
http://www.epicscale.com/how-to-uninstall-epic-scale and I would like to thank
Andrew for drawing our attention to it.

As far as I can see, I haven’t got the episcale software.  I downloaded the
beta edition of utorrent today build 3.4.2. and installed it.  I have looked in
Windows <remove programs> no sign of it there and I have also run the latest
edition of c.c. cleaner.

According to utorrent, they have admitted to including it, and apologised for
allowing it to be automatically installed with bit torrent.  Apparently,
episcale is sending all of the proceeds from its bit mining operation to
charity, up to a certain level and after a certain period of time, then it will
drop to 75%. Episcale have also apologised and explained why.

Like Andrew, I do like to be consulted and asked permission before I install a
piece of software, but one never gets anything for free, these days...unless it
is with Linux and Ubuntu...and Ubuntu has been caught out trying it on... I
used utorrent for many years before I installed utorrent and was very satisfied
with it. When my Ubuntu laptop was working, I used transmission and found it
very good, better than utorrent, but I don’t think there is a Windows edition...

P.S. Andrew, as you have obviously expressed a wish, desire or need to be asked
this question...Please enlighten me, if not us and pray tell me, what is an
OLVWM, and what does it do...and should I have one...?