[cryptome] Re: the myth, the LEGEND!

  • From: coderman <coderman@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: cryptome@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 16 Dec 2014 19:01:59 -0800

On 12/16/14, doug <douglasrankine2001@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> One of the best ways of deceiving people, is to believe in the lie.   To
> be so well versed in it, that no weakness, no crack can be found.  This
> is called ones "legend" a very special word which spies use.  Credible
> legends are very difficult to create today, the pervading nature of
> computers, of massive digital storage and mass searching, will often
> find the crib in the legend...which is why it isn't used so often, (e.g.
> see the programme "The Americans") and of course, it is a lot cheaper
> and more efficient to use computers...

for a similar yet contrary perspective, see:
"Trying Not to Try - The Art and Science of Spontaneity"
 by  Edward Slingerland
 https://www.randomhouse.com/book/221421/trying-not-to-try-by-edward-slingerland

"""
In Trying Not To Try, Edward Slingerland explains why we find
spontaneity so elusive, and shows how early Chinese thought points the
way to happier, more authentic lives. We’ve long been told that the
way to achieve our goals is through careful reasoning and conscious
effort. But recent research suggests that many aspects of a satisfying
life, like happiness and spontaneity, are best pursued indirectly. The
early Chinese philosophers knew this, and they wrote extensively about
an effortless way of being in the world, which they called wu-wei
(ooo-way). They believed it was the source of all success in life, and
they developed various strategies for getting it and hanging on to it.

With clarity and wit, Slingerland introduces us to these thinkers and
the marvelous characters in their texts, from the butcher whose blade
glides effortlessly through an ox to the wood carver who sees his
sculpture simply emerge from a solid block. Slingerland uncovers a
direct line from wu-wei to the Force in Star Wars, explains why wu-wei
is more powerful than flow, and tells us what it all means for getting
a date. He also shows how new research reveals what’s happening in the
brain when we’re in a state of wu-wei—why it makes us happy and
effective and trustworthy, and how it might have even made
civilization possible.
"""

perhaps one day,
 we'll scrutinize each other's sincerity through self evident measures. [0]
  ;P

0. Magnetoencephalography
  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magnetoencephalography