[cryptome] Re: cryptome compromised?

  • From: Shaun O'Connor <capricorn8159@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: cryptome@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2014 05:45:43 +0100

where you referring to bitmessage by any chance? that is pretty much
written on the back of bitcoin as are a number of similar projects.
namecoin being another prime example.
now that one although claiming to be decentralized blows itself wide
open because in order to get a dot bit tld you have to register with
some third party organization and pay them a regular fee in conventional
monetary term(credit card papal whatever) so right away threes a big
whole in that "decentralized" system. oh and even that gets stranger
because for anyone to be able to access your dot bit site they have to
get a plugin for firefox. install it and leave ff running for  5 hours
for the blockchain to be created or some such. the perfect trap tp give
the nasty guys unfettered access to your system, I just don't buy into
the namecoin thing for that reason alone.
 Oh and as aside the whole of the cryptome archive has been stuck on the
bit torrent network ( spotted it on btdigg.org.)  a whopping 10G file