[cryptome] Re: [cryptome] Israel to get 14 F-35 Stealth Fighters from USA: Cost £2.2billion

  • From: jpp <johnp@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: cryptome@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 22 Feb 2015 12:27:36 -0500

The money for the F-35's comes from the US in a bill which restricts the
use of that money to military purchases from US contractors.  Yes, you
could starve to death watching new F-35's fly, unless the food dispensing
machine accepted F-35 nuts and washers.

What is really unique, and somewhat mind-boggling for US taxpayers, is the
way foreign military is funded.  When Israel and Egypt receive an annual
military stipend from the US, they can contract with a US industry. For the
more expensive items which take multiple years to build and deliver, the US
government assumes liability to "cover" multiple year programs.
If Congress or the President chose to terminate the military streams, the
subsequent years payments due the contractors are absorbed by the
tax-payers.  With Egypt, this almost happened for F-16 purchases.
What would have happened if the military funds were NOT restored to Egypt,
would have resulted in some 25 or so F-16's, in the configuration Egypt
wanted, would have been built.
The probability would have been that they would be then sent to
Davis-Monthan , the bone yard.