[cryptome] Re: [cryptography] What Is Good Encryption Software?

  • From: doug <douglasrankine2001@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: cryptome@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 28 Nov 2014 23:19:16 +0000

Hi Shaun,
Care to expand...a url...perhaps. Stakeholders is certainly a Labour term...Blair and all that. The Tories using it sounds most...auger us.

Hi Douggie

Things are getting quite, erm interesting here in the uk, a piece of legislation is being rushed through our parliament, but heres the interesting bit although it is being rushed through it is not classified as urgent. also comments have been made to the effect that, for a draft bill. parts appear to be very well developed. even more intriguing is that this piece of proposed legislation dealing with widening powers perportedly in the name of counterterrorisim. appears to be supported by "stakeholders" a rather odd anomaly for a government bill supposedly drafted in conjunction with or on the advice of the UK security services. I think I have the pdf's somewhere both of the proposed bill, the explanatory notes and a draft committee meeting discussing the bill.

ATB

Shaun