[cryptome] Re: [cryptography] What Is Good Encryption Software?

  • From: Shaun O'Connor <capricorn8159@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: cryptome@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 28 Nov 2014 22:07:03 +0000

Hi Douggie

the way things are going at present, absolutely nothing surprises me any
more.... as for any interesting reads... still ploughing through
Bamfords books ( current reading pretext for war).

Things are getting quite, erm interesting here in the uk, a piece of
legislation is being rushed through our parliament, but heres the
interesting bit although it is being rushed through it is not classified
as urgent. also comments have been made to the effect that, for a draft
bill. parts appear to be very well developed. even more intriguing is
that this piece of proposed legislation dealing with widening powers
perportedly in the name of counterterrorisim. appears to be supported by
"stakeholders" a rather odd anomaly for a government bill supposedly
drafted in conjunction with or on the advice of the UK security
services. I think I have the pdf's somewhere both of the proposed bill,
the explanatory notes and a draft committee meeting discussing the bill.

ATB

Shaun