[cryptome] Re: capenhurst tower

  • From: doug <douglasrankine2001@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: cryptome@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 23 Nov 2014 16:55:26 +0000

Hi Shaun,
Your right...it is getting on a bit... :-). Reminds me of the ABC case during the time of Harold Wilson...I think it was, way back in the 1960's. Duncan Campbell and two others got prosecuted under the Official Secrets Act for revealing the function of those high towers which covered the country at the time. Although the "secrets" about the towers being used as part of the secret communications system in the event of nuclear war, was common knowledge, and had been published all over the place, they still got found guilty. I think their sentences were reduced on appeal. There's good ole British justice for you... :-).

On 23/11/14 00:12, Shaun O'Connor wrote:
quite an old story but historically significant .

http://www.lamont.me.uk/capenhurst/original.html
--
*_PRIVACY IS A BASIC RIGHT - NOT A CONCESSION

_* https://www.eff.org/deeplinks/2014/11/when-time-comes-we-need-be-ready-fight-tpps-secret-anti-user-agenda