[cryptome] Re: big brothers little helper

  • From: Shaun O'Connor <capricorn8159@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: cryptome@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 01 Oct 2014 15:40:08 +0100

Just goes to show that "democracy" is weighed in terms of pounds,
shillings (oh we don#'t have that any more oops!!!) and pence.. Justice
as you rightly point out. is largely a myth and certainly the trend
towards closed court hearings is on the up especially for"minor" crimes.
i emphasise "minor" because those little misdemeanour's get recorded.
archived and made available to prospective employers on the nod.
Perhaps the biggest irony is that there is one side saying that privacy
is being championed by more organizations as they see the implications
of misuse or misappropriation of private data and on the other hand
there are organizations (probably the very organizatrins that
are"championing the cause of privacy") that are falling over themselves
to equip governemtns world over with the necessary resources to pick out
any individual anywhere in the world almost irrespective of any security
measures that individual or organization is taking in order to protect
themselves from unwarrented survailance.

As things stand right now  the world is on a knife edgem one slight
shift in policy could make a huge difference between benign use of
intelligence gathering capability and malign use. of course this has
been the case for some time.

one thing is certain ,
every major war has one tell-tale hallmark, there has always been at
least one country that has used mass surveillance to control the masses
or particular sections of the population. The question now is, who will
be the one to press the dreaded button? the US, or China?

Lugging bags of potatoes around is far more preferable than logging body
bags around i would say.

ATB
Shaun
ps yup i know i meandered a bit but then, i always meander.