[cryptome] Re: What Is Good Encryption Software?

  • From: coderman <coderman@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: cryptome@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 28 Nov 2014 18:38:54 -0800

On 11/28/14, doug <douglasrankine2001@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi,
> You can forget absolute security or privacy, with or without encryption.

> Unfortunately, it isn't about security software so much as your own
> personal needs and knowledge about security methods and how good you are
> at what is called "operational security", which counts the most.

also true!

but speaking of technology, my favorite current hardest config is:
 - coreboot laptop; a nice compat lappy and build your custom bios and grub.
 - Qubes OS; using IOMMU separation, and Tor VM ahead of all network comms.
 - Tor Browser 2.5-alpha1 in App VM with "Transparent Tor". the
circuit list doesn't work, but it's worth using for the fingerprint
 - Gnu Privacy Guard but NO EMAIL, for encrypting to and from. see
command line usage.