[cryptome] Re: Wanna Be a Spy Wanna Be?: Take the MI5 Intelligence Test

  • From: doug <douglasrankine2001@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: cryptome@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2015 18:00:58 +0000

Hi Steve,
Excellent. One should never read too much into the question. One might get a shock that one is right...:-) . And the expectations of ones teachers and parents rise to the Heavens, in some kind of hyperbolic curve, far too high for me. When I went to High School I refused to do homework as I felt it was impinging on my freedom. Getting the tause was far less painful than doing an hour every night. Then they kept me in detention for an hour for a while, but as I was usually the only one there, the teacher on duty and I reached an agreement. He would let me off early, if I didn't tell. It was an offer I couldn't refuse. Eventually, they gave up and left me alone.

As far as exams are concerned, I am the worst failure there is. I went in and sat at the examinations desk for two hours for each exam, and apart from writing my name, put nothing down. I got zero for Maths, English, Geography, History, English Literature, French, Woodwork and Metalwork and Physical Education. I wanted to be a professional football player, and was even useless at footie. My last year at school, I played truant.

I was very proud of myself at the time, cocked a snook at them all; beat the system; but have regretted it ever since. It is one of the reasons I became a permanent student when I was 35...now I do homework all the time...but this time around it is a pleasure rather than an onerous task.

I think I had a bee in me bunnet at the time, and had read sumfink about Winston Churchill doing the same thing, when he were a lad...Glad I didn't become Winston Churchill, and am very happy the way I am now. My own children and grandchildren just love school, and love exploring, know more about computers than do I. Even the youngest one can do things with a tablet and a mobile phone, which completely befuddles me, and she is only 3.
ATB,
Dougie.

On 22/01/15 15:10, Steve Taylor (Redacted sender sctknox@xxxxxxxxx for DMARC) wrote:
I scored a seven,but I employed my usual"dont read too much into the question" on any govenment sponsered test.That mode got me into trouble in school though when I found myself stuck in a advanced English Lit class. It starts when you begin to overlook good manners. Any time you quit hearing Sir and Mam the end is pretty much in sight...” Cormac McCarthy <http://www.goodreads.com/author/show/4178.Cormac_McCarthy>, /No Country for Old Men <http://www.goodreads.com/work/quotes/2996445>
STEVE  C,TAYLOR
/