[cryptome] USG v Apple: IP address public property: Computer Code as Speech

  • From: douglas rankine <douglasrankine2001@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: cryptome@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 2 Mar 2016 23:04:23 +0000

Dear Colleagues,
see url: http://itlaw.wikia.com/wiki/Reasonable_expectation_of_privacy
and url: http://motherboard.vice.com/read/justice-department-to-judge-tor-users-have-no-expectation-of-privacy-playpen
A couple of concepts which I found interesting in the Apple case is the quoting of case law which says that a persons I.P. address is public property and therefore deserves no right of privacy...in a TOR case quoted in the US Supreme Court.

The other is: Computer code as free speech.
see url: http://digital-law-online.info/lpdi1.0/treatise50.html

These principles of law may have application to the present struggle between Apple and the USG, as they involve the 1st and 4th Amendment to the US constitution. I wonder what oo'er Donal Trump and Missus Clinton thinks about it? We love it all, we love the people, we love computers, we love the world...love us by voting for us...:-) . Make us POTUS and we will make America great or greater again...
Food for thought. One learns sumfink new every day. Lots of other stuff in this case which are well worth exploring.