[cryptome] Re: USG Support of Motion to Compel Apple Decrypt, iPhone Forensics

  • From: douglas rankine <douglasrankine2001@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: cryptome@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2016 11:09:44 +0000

Ah! Just what I was looking for...Thanks John...:-) . I shall look forward to reading the forensic report on Farooks phone with interest. We will see how well the procedures were followed and how knowledgeable the officer is, who has made the report and if there have been any errors or omissions which might lead to a different outcome in the USG v Apple hearing.

I am away on my French diy project next week, for a while, so I will be incommunicado with the internet and www. I will download the reports and they will give me something pleasurable to read in my spare time.

There are a couple of research papers on computer forensics and law enforcement forensic procedures manuals on computer and digital media on Cryptome, for those who are interested in seeking them out; one from a US local police force one from Canada and I believe, and one from Australia which dealt with the learning they did from an earlier Assange case...Sorry, I can't give the exact dates of publication or titles...but it was in the last 3 years or so...

On 10/03/2016 21:22, John Young wrote:

USG v. Apple - USG Support of Motion to Compel Apple Decrypt <https://t.co/Ffe1t74552>https://cryptome.org/2016/03/usg-apple-149.pdf (484 pp, 11MB)

FBI agent details Farook's iPhone forensics, Apple discussions <https://t.co/JkcuCEY1JX>https://cryptome.org/2016/03/usg-apple-149-02.pdf