[cryptome] Re: UK General Election 2017: Result of General Election

  • From: "douglas rankine" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "douglasrankine" for DMARC)
  • To: cryptome@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 9 Jun 2017 12:08:09 +0100

see url: https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=election+results+2017&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&client=firefox-b-ab&gfe_rd=cr&ei=lX06Wf6DB4nHXpilroAB

Dear Colleagues,

We now have a lovely political situation in the UK. The confusion has grown even more. The Conservative Party and its Leader Mrs. May, miscalculated. The mainly owned Conservative press, The Daily Mail, The Telegraph, The Express, and Rupert Murdoch's Times and Sunday Times, mostly dominated by the Conservatives, also miscalculated. The attack on the Labour Party and its leader, was excessive, to the point of turning him, Mr. Corbyn into an Ogre of the first order, and it rebounded on them. It was a bit like the claims made in the EU referendum, by both sides, they were so outrageous, that it made most people laugh and write them off.

Our great Leader Mrs. May decided to chicken out of a direct frontal debate with the candidates on television, seeing herself as above that sort of thing and being unable to gain an advantage from it; and then contradicted her cabinet colleagues on social policy and the Dementia Tax, where old people were to have their homes sold to pay for their social care, instead of putting more money into the Social Services. Mrs. May and her cohorts tried to turn the election into a battle of two gladiators, May v Corbyn, but refused to fight in the ring in front of the masses. A huge miscalculation.

Now, as a result of the election, the UK is left with a society and political system even more confused, a weakened Conservative and Scottish National Party, a strengthened Labour Party and with the proposition that Mrs. May will stay on as leader and form a government from a Conservative Party and the 10 members of the DUP. Never heard of the DUP? I am not surprised. Well, at one time, the UK was dominated by the Conservative and Unionist Party. The DUP are anti Brexit, due to border controls...

see url: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Democratic_Unionist_Party

Unfortunately, the Union bit got lost when the Northern Irish Conservative and Unionist Party split and one side became The Democratic Unionist Party of Northern Ireland, and the Conservative Party became the Conservative Party...no one knows what happened to the others. The DUP are based in Northern Ireland, of Paisley fame, pro Europe and based on anti-Catholic and pro-Orange policies and their historical counterparts kept power at one time through gerrymandering the voting system, and a police force which was dominated by Orange Men (just like the Ku Klux Klan, but less about the colour white and more about the colour green...:-)). Unfortunately, times changed, terrorism became a dominating force for a while, (with some US support) and when those forces which lay behind the political parties, the DUP and Sinn Fein, the Irish Republican Army, the Provisionals and the UDA and such like , the various terrorist groups and members of the British Secret State had knocked seven colours of shit out of one another through murders, torture, knee-capping and bombing each other and on the mainland, got tired, saw how futile it was and sat down and made a peace agreement.

see url: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Good_Friday_Agreement

see url: https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=sinn+fein&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&client=firefox-b&gfe_rd=cr&ei=9Ho6WfW4CIXW8AfvtrOoBw#q=northern+ireland+terrorist+groups+list

and Stakeknife. see url: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stakeknife

So, as a result of the UK general election of 2017, the British Conservatives now, cannot form an effective government on their own and will have to form a government with the DUP, who don't want Brexit, because it could mean that the border between Northern Ireland and Eire will become closed again and subject to Customs Barriers and tariffs, which they don't want. They can't form a government with the Lib Dems, because they are totally opposed to Brexit, and the same applies to the Labour Party and the SNP.

It is as well to remember that this political debacle was started by a small bunch of Eurosceptic M.P.s in the British Conservative Party, who wanted to become little Englanders and leave the European Union, thinking that it would keep the UK for the English and get rid of all them immigrants. Now, our whole society is falling apart and folks don't know which way to turn, and we are left with an inept Conservative Prime Minister and an incompetent Conservative Party, with a Labour Party growing in strength if not power, and a weakened negotiating position with the European Commissioners...and time is getting short, due to the triggering of Article 50.

We definitely need President Trump over here, I am sure that he would be able to sort it all out and make Britain Great again...The ideal solution and help take US citizens minds off of all the tricks he and his family are getting up to with the Russkies and and tax avoidance and charitable donations...and he has a bit of property to look after in Scotland too, golf courses and such like, which need a bit of investment.

So now, the UK government has both hands tied behind its back instead of just one.

As Rabbie Burns once said, in "To a Mouse" "The weel laid plans o mice and men, gang aft agley and leave us nocht but grief and pain for promised joy".

P.S. Confused...join the club...:-)

On 08/06/2017 22:16, douglas rankine (Redacted sender douglasrankine for DMARC) wrote:

see url: https://www.theguardian.com/politics/live/2017/jun/08/general-election-results-2017-uk-live-labour-tories-corbyn-may-election-results-live-news-line

Just goes to show how wrong I could be...:-)

On 08/06/2017 21:59, douglas rankine (Redacted sender douglasrankine for DMARC) wrote:
Dear Colleagues,

You may...or may not...have noticed that I haven't written anything about the General Election being held in the UK today. It is a very unusual election, with the electorate and the politicians and the political parties, very much in a political, economic, social and historical muddle, about what is the right way to go forward in the future. 46.9 million citizens of the UK are registered to vote, out of a population of around 65 and a half million, the largest registration on record. There are 650 constituencies to be fought for and around 9 political parties, apart from independents contesting the election.

The issues are Brexit, hard or soft, a single market, large scale immigration; and social and economic policies, mainly the national health service, social service provision, looking after the elderly, education and social welfare, with the main discussion about which party can provide the people with the most secure and progressive future, and which leader shows themselves to be the strongest personality for leading the political struggle, particularly in exiting the European Union in the next couple of years. The main parties are the Conservative Party, the Labour Party, the nationalist parties, and smaller parties such as the Greens and UKIP, along with small numbers of independents.

The Conservatives, who were in power, decided to call an election so that they could get a mandate from the people, by increasing their majority in parliament, so that their leadership's hands wouldn't be tied in the coming negotiations with the European Union, and to put them in a strong negotiating position. Election law in the UK was changed a few years ago, in that the right to call a general election was taken away from the remit of the Prime Minister, into organising a regular election once every five years, or if the Houses of Parliament decides by a substantial majority decides to call one. The Conservatives wish to continue with the austerity programme, cutting back public expenditure, lowering taxes, including corporation tax and continuing with the squeeze on the public sector wages and capital expenditure, and asking the elderly and infirm who own their own homes to forfeit much of the wealth in their estate to pay for their care when they become ill. Very small increases, in public expenditure, not even keeping pace with inflation is envisaged for the future, with further privatisation, and cut backs in the civil and public services.

The Labour Party, whilst supporting an election, is in complete and utter disarray, with most of its M.P.s opposing Brexit, wishing to remain in the European Union, whilst many of its supporters are in favour of Brexit. Their economic and social policies include increasing public expenditure and taxes on the wealthier classes in our society, to provide for extra funding for improving the infrastructure of our society, the National Health Service, education and re-nationalise the railways.

Historically, both leaders of the two main political parties, stood on opposite sides over Brexit or remain, and both have shifted their positions to the opposite view. And, in fact very little discussion has taken place about what will be done about cutting back immigration or about our negotiating position when it comes to leaving the European Union. There has been lots of talk, but the main thing appears to be to keep a single market, free of tariffs, at the same time avoid the free movement of labour, which is a mainstay of the European Union and one of the main sticking blocks, along with the alleged cost of leaving.

The recent terrorist activity has led to calls by the Conservatives for the UK to leave the European Court of Human Rights, so that the government and to increase the power of the Security and Intelligence Services so that they can have carte blanche powers to control alleged terrorists, without resort to the courts, in cases where there is not enough evidence to prosecute them. It is most unfortunate that the recent spate of terrorists, were all known to the Security Services, but nothing was done about them, and for some reason there are many Conservatives who think that removing human rights of all of us, including themselves, is going to somehow prevent terrorism...it is an old story of course.

It is in this background, that me missus and I decided to vote in an election for many decades. Usually, we don't bother, not because we don't believe in elections or democracy, but purely because we couldn't find a candidate whom we felt could represent our views in parliament adequately, and long experience has shown that they really want to look after themselves rather than anyone else, and, if I were in their position, I would most likely want to do the same.

So, this morning, off we went to the local polling station, in a local community centre, to register our vote. I noticed that it was very busy when we got there, the car park was full, there were many people about, and the road was blocked by the local Labour Party candidate who was ferrying some elderly folks in wheelchairs in his car, who was hoping that they would vote for him, and had parked in the middle of the road in a no parking area, preventing anyone from coming or going to vote, resulting in a large traffic jam...but such is the nature of politicians, they don't notice such things, they don't know what they are doing, living in their own little world of dreams of political power and being loved by the masses. When we eventually entered the polling station, there was no sign of a policeman or policewoman, armed or otherwise, no soldiers guarding the station, just some friendly civilian public servants who were there to record our presence and issue our voting papers, tick us off the list, and make sure that we put our voting papers in the boxes.

In all the time of the elections, over 3 weeks, I think I saw about 3 election posters, all for the Conservative Party, which rules the roost in this part of the country, here in the South of England, and there was never any sign of vans with loudhailers fitted, and politicians spouting their politics to the masses as they drove round the streets. No one knocked on my door, though the UnRoyal Mail, did deliver some free leaflets from the candidates. These days it is all about Facebook and Twitter, and not being a member of those, I missed all the false news, lies, deceptions and hypes. Hopefully, the candidates and political parties will keep within their election expenditure caps in this election, and hopefully, the Russians or the Americans haven't been able to influence or muck up our voting procedures to bring about the politics in the UK, that their leadership or the CIA or the Intelligence services think they might want to make American Great Again.

Oh! Not that you will want to know, but I voted for Labour, even though they are opposed to Brexit. I didn't use logic, or illogic, I didn't use rationality or irrationality, I didn't vote with my head or my heart, I didn't use emotional intelligence, but voted for them purely because I wanted to do my little bit to try and make sure that the Conservatives don't get elected with an overwhelming majority. One should always try ones best to make sure that politicians work hard and think hard for their money, and prevent polarisation of the biggest parties, or monopolise the political scene, and of course globalisation and huge international corporations now rule the roost, along with groups of international elites these days, national governments have very little power in the world economy.

I hope you enjoy this little treatise...if not I do apologise for wasting your time.

P.S. Oh! And who do I think will win? The Conservatives of course, with an overwhelming majority...

P.P.S. Can anyone tell me when the time was when America was Great in the first place. I keep racking my brains but just can't work out what Trump means...Was there a time when America was more charitable than it is now...I wonder; a time when charities spent the money they raised on the deserving and needy and poor, rather than subsidising the rich and wealthy gentlefolk and elites of New York and Washington when they go to play golf...:-).