[cryptome] Re: UK Elections May 7th 2015: A Leaked Aide Memoir

  • From: "Douglas Rankine" <douglasrankine2001@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <cryptome@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 6 Apr 2015 20:28:51 +0100

An honorary Sartre’s waiter? Nicola Sturgeon, Leader of the Scottish
National Party... J.

All the world's a stage,
and all the men and women merely players:
they have their exits and their entrances;
and one man in his time plays many parts..."

—As You Like It <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/As_You_Like_It> , Act II,
Scene 7, 139–42[28]
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_Shakespeare#cite_note-32>

Ministers brief, Civil Servants leak.

This Conversation never happened, it is a work of pure fiction.

I was sitting with my friend the French Consul, the other day, in the First
Ministers Office in Edinburgh, and we were having a little “tete a tete”,
with a drop of Auld Scots Alliance whisky in our tea, and I was telling him
about how carefully we had worked out our strategy for the coming general
election. Unbeknownst to me, a civil servant, whom I considered a most
loyal SNP supporter and in his job as a Civil Servant, recorded faithfully
every word, enhanced it a bit and then passed it on to his Conservative
friends in the media, the Daily Mail, the Daily Telegraph and the Public
Relations Expert for the Conservative Party, David Cameron.

In my conversation, I said to the French consul, purely as an aside, just
a little piece of tittle tattle, sort of making conversation, that our main
opposition in Scotland, is the Labour Party, and that it is led by a bunch
of illiterate, incompetent, hardnosed electoral nincompoops, and that its UK
leader, the secular Jew who likes eating his bacon sandwiches in public,
has little chance of becoming Prime Minister. Our people in Scotland had
become very upset at the way the Labour Party moved in and took over the No
to Independence debate, and it has coloured our private views regarding a
coalition. Without Scotland, I observed, during our most intimate
conversation, the Labour Party has absolutely no chance of winning the
general election and Milliband becoming leader, in our view.

I mused, as we sipped our whisky, and ate our prete a manger, that it might
be much better if, as expected in the polls, we won lots of seats in
Scotland, that we would rather the Conservative party won the general
election, as it would make our position for secession, for Scottish
independence, much stronger amongst the people of Scotland. I remarked that
we saw off the Tories, basically an English party, a long time ago, and took
over from them, when Mrs. Thatcher decided to use our population as a modern
experiment of the Speenhamland system, not realising of course that people
move whilst property doesn’t. Her policy was a total disaster and finished
the Conservatives in Scotland for a long time to come. Taking him further
into my confidence, I said that of course, as he is no doubt aware, we have
a public policy that, in the event of a hung parliament, we would rather
make an alliance with Ed Milliband than the Conservatives, but it is just so
tempting to help the Conservatives to power, because in the long term, it
will help us on the march to independence, and to get rid of nuclear
weapons. I further suggested to him, that I presume he will keep our
exchanges in confidence of course, and that we will keep in mind the
historical “Auld Alliance” against the English, which we had with the French
during the Jacobean times”. And it goes without saying that the SNP will
continue to encourage membership of the EU, if by any chance UKIP becomes a
power to be reckoned with after the election.