[cryptome] UK Elections

  • From: "Douglas Rankine" <douglasrankine2001@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <cryptome@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 4 May 2015 19:50:57 +0100

Dear Colleagues,

Due to being incognito for the last few weeks, and thoroughly enjoying
myself at my project "a la France" where I learned and put into practice the
art and science of French plumbing, I have completely missed out on what is
happening, not only in the world, but in the UK elections. However, on
returning home, and examining the state of the play, I have decided that I
will cast my vote, for the first time in over 20 years. This is due to the
fact that it looks very much like the two party political system, which has
existed in this country for over 100 years, is likely to finally break
down, completely. As part of this process, and much against my principles,
I have decided to vote for the Green Party, not because I am a Green or a
Martian, but because the more votes that go to the smaller parties, then the
more chance the electorate have of being listened to. Not that this is a
scientific fact of course, but more of a belief and state of the art.

I am so pleased that I missed most of the debate, if only because it was so
much repetitive crap, but also, because it is so boring. Those big egos,
of all those leaders of the political parties and therefore potential
leaders of the people, need to be squashed. I am glad to play my role in my
service to our people of helping squash those big egos and at the same time
look forward to hearing Scottish voices in the next parliament explaining to
our superiors that it is much better for everyone to look after the people
rather than the bankers...but there again, I must not allow my utopian
beliefs to overcome the sheer beauty of the present, hypocritical political
system... Will we get rid of Trident? Will we get rid of US Imperialism in
the UK? I doubt it. It will take the Chinese to do that, and their time is
yet to come. Will we leave the EU? Will Scotland gain independence? Is it
really our oil? Such questions I leave to the philosophers... J.

P.S. My next project "a la France" will be to install a spiral staircase. I
laid out all the parts on the floor before I came home. Nothing better than
going round in circles as Karl Marx says, than to go in spirals, hoping that
upwards will be better... J. History oft repeats itself... J.