[cryptome] Re: Truth: Nietzsche, Daoism & Wu Wei

  • From: doug <douglasrankine2001@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: cryptome@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 20 Dec 2014 11:03:52 +0000

Hi Todd,
Now there was a thought...It is what is called a complex, philosophical thought. It shows an honesty of interest in other peoples' views, it shows a thinker who is mildly confused with struggling threads, traces or trends of thoughts going through the mind, and it shows a willingness to learn a bit more...And, carry on as you are and you might just surprise yourself that actually, you know a lot more than you think...:-) .

Let me assure you, it doesn't matter that much what other people think about thought. What matters is what you think about thought. Thoughtfulness is an essential element of human interaction and so much of it has been lost these days, in my view, it is one of the reasons people torture others for the truth, when it is staring them in the face.

However, your complex of thought, doesn't quite answer the question of what a thought is...

A little bit of Wu-wei here might help, relax and take your time, do a little research on it if you are interested and you can come back and tell us what you have found, if you would like to....

Let us try another angle...(How I hate that word...it means moving into the world of mathematics and I hate mathematics, mathematicians and computers, all those symbols and artificial langauges and numbers) but John did, unfortunately mention Alan Turing and this is the cryptome mailing list after all.
Can computers handle a thought?

On 20/12/14 01:40, Todd Judge wrote:
Nope, Dougie,
I certainly don't know about anyone else thinks on thought. I thought about it, but I don't think I do. :)
Todd

On Dec 20, 2014, at 8:20 AM, doug <douglasrankine2001@xxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:douglasrankine2001@xxxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

Thank you Shaun. I have great difficulty with the meaning of recursive...it defeats me every time, makes my brain go round in circles, backwards and forwards, like looking in the mirror with another mirror behind. But, thank you for taking the plunge. And, for the moment, I hope you don't mind if I am going to limit our discussion to what a thought is, rather than going round about it or looking at it (thought) through smoke and mirrors...I hope you don't mind if I ask you to develop that area later on...After all, how can one share a thought, if one doesn't know what a thought is...

In your definition of what you think a thought is...you have used the scientific physiological view...An electrical impulse in the brain, the firing of a neuron, a spark, which produces chemical changes...which leads to the production of a thought. That is a very good analysis...but does it really describe...a thought...is that all that a thought is? I would have thought that a thought is about a little more than that..And I hope you don't mind if I ask any of our other colleagues on this list if they have any thoughts, or at least a thought on this matter...:-)

On 19/12/14 22:52, Shaun O'Connor wrote:
now that is a recursive question if ever there was one.. one could say that a thought is the firing of minute electrical impulses within the brain in response to some stimulus but then what if a thought sparks a thought, which sparks a thought........

now the idea of a shared idea.....interesting.....did the first occurrence of the idea jump to the thinking apparatus of the second person. did both people really truly come up with the same thought completely independently?

have a play with that little conunfrom

ATB

Shaun
On 19/12/2014 22:40, doug wrote:
Hi Shaun,

On 19/12/14 21:27, Shaun O'Connor wrote:
>>>snip<<<< just a thought to add to a thought. >>>end of quote.
ATB
Shaun.

I like that...Just an aside...but have you ever thought about what a thought is...

George Bernard Shaw, once said,

"If I have an apple, and you have an apple...and we exchange apples...we have one apple each. But if I have an idea and you have an idea, and we exchange ideas, we have at least two ideas each".

see url: http://www.goodreads.com/quotes/23088-if-you-have-an-apple-and-i-have-an-apple

*_PRIVACY IS A BASIC RIGHT - NOT A CONCESSION _* https://www.eff.org/deeplinks/2014/11/when-time-comes-we-need-be-ready-fight-tpps-secret-anti-user-agenda