[cryptome] Truth: Nietzsche, Daoism & Wu Wei

  • From: doug <douglasrankine2001@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: cryptome@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 19 Dec 2014 20:50:12 +0000

A view with which I tend to concur. Nietzsche also said that "God is Dead", a view with which I tend not to concur...if only because, for me, for God to die, he had to exist in the first place...and of such a fact, I am yet to be convinced...

What does it do for wue wei and the religion which lies at the back of it...Is the universe harmonious for instance...or is it in a state of chaos and/or equilibrium at the same time, like shrodinger's cat...

If life is in constant change, then where does that leave immortality? After all, isn't immortality a state where nuffink changes...
Just a thought...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Truth

"(...) Some scholars regard Nietzsche's 1873 unpublished essay, "On Truth and Lies in a Nonmoral Sense" ("Über Wahrheit und Lüge im außermoralischen Sinn") as a keystone in his thought. In this essay, Nietzsche rejects the idea of universal constants, and claims that what we call "truth" is only "a mobile army of metaphors, metonyms, and anthropomorphisms." His view at this time is that arbitrariness completely prevails within human experience: concepts originate via the very artistic transference of nerve stimuli into images; "truth" is nothing more than the invention of fixed conventions for merely practical purposes, especially those of repose, security and consistence. (...)"^[71 <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Truth#cite_note-71>
] <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Truth#cite_note-71> ATB
Dougie.^<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Truth#cite_note-71>

P.S. I notice that a lot of these sites are American...and offer to sell one books, written by one "guru" or another, offering marriage guidance counselling and family counselling. Others offer one electronic devices to remove the emf, or electro-motive force in ones home, as this force is considered as somehow bad for human life or existence. The gadget is itself worked by emf, but be that as it may. For me, the ideal situation would be to find a religion which does not cost any money. Nuffink wrong with that of course, one has to make a living...but make a living out of one's religion? I have a Buddha statue, which is up in my loft at the moment, where I made the supreme sacrifice of denying my principles and I purchased it a number of years ago for the huge sum of £20. He used to sit in my conservatory on the Isle of Wight. I thought he was rather cute, with his pot belly and nice, chubby face, his body clad in ancient accutriments and fashionable jewellery of the times; and he helped me no end, in my contemplation and musings of world affairs, the universe, myself and things of such ilk....though, I did manage to do such things just as well, before he arrived. And, more importantly, I get consolation from the fact, that even 3000 years ago, people suffered from obesity, especially monks and such like. When our conservatory is finally completed, he will take up pride of place once again next to the open door. Nuffink better than a bit of feng shui...:-) . Just goes to show, that we must be adaptable and flexible, at least in our thinking along with our physical compromises of principle, if, as a species, we are to survive...
Just a thought...