[cryptome] Trumpalism

  • From: "douglas rankine" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "douglasrankine" for DMARC)
  • Date: Fri, 7 Jul 2017 23:43:32 +0100

Dear Colleagues,

What I think that people are missing, regarding Donald Trump, is how he is testing the system, trying to find out where the red lines are, where the weaknesses of the bureaucracy and the ruling elite are. One can think what one likes of his personality, and his personal behaviour and his approach to life, but I do believe that one should be wary of condemning him too much on a personal level.

In my view, to do so, is a mistake, as it will achieve very little, and even it if it did bring about an impeachment trial, it would be for the wrong reasons, just as Bill Clinton was legally challenged over whether he had sexual relations with one of his staff members. Really, the political struggle for the hearts and minds of US citizens and the peoples of the world, is much greater than that. Far better to condemn him politically and financially, on all fronts, there is plenty of material out there.

The financial aspects of his life, from his lack of tax returns to his tax avoidance schemes and his associations with bankrupts and others of similar ilk, are more important...if one wishes to depose him. Using the same methods, in discovering that the US Presidential election was rigged, in a variety of ways, from the way that primaries are fought and candidates are selected, and how the states are more important than the majority vote of the people, the way people were excluded from the voting process, or when they did vote and their votes were discounted by a variety of methods; particularly by the Republican establishment, the unreliability of the voting machines, the unaccountability of counting the votes, should be the main focus, in my opinion.

Examining and teasing apart his political, economic and social networks, those with whom he is associated, his foreign interests and that of his family and associates is far more important and significant, in my view. This personal stuff, whilst funny and poignant, won't lead to him being deposed, and if it does, then for the wrong reasons, and, using such an avenue is more likely to backfire on those who are using such strategies and tactics.

I can see that those of a democratic outlook, are pissed off because he unexpectedly won the Presidential election, even to the surprise and consternation of the Republican movement themselves, but I have to ask, did those people really expect the Democrats to win again, with a candidate like Hilary Clinton? The other candidates got shafted, rousted out by the Democratic elite. A Democratic victory, wasn't really on the cards.

Trump appealed and appeals to those sections of the community, the red-necks, the survivalists, the old republicans, the traditional right wing elements, the big business people; those who want to bring America back to some past period of greatness which is ill defined, but at time when they all had jobs, and, in alliance with those big businesses who want more tax breaks, and a smaller tax burden and more subsidies, less regulation on the environment.

My opinion is, don't allow your dislike of Republicans, or the outcome of the elections to dominate what the democratic process is all about, which is making the POTUS, Congress, House of Representatives, the Senate and the Supreme Court justices, accountable and representative of the people. No easy task...

Just a thought...