[cryptome] Toys & Speech Recognition & Recording Software: was RE: Re: Buying a A New Laptop? - coreboot

  • From: "Douglas Rankine" <douglasrankine2001@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <cryptome@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 21 Mar 2015 13:44:15 -0000

Now that is sumphin else! A new version of enhanced interrogation
techniques...Mattel Style...:-).

 It not only records sound, it takes pictures and sends them back to
Children's HQ at Mattel. (though you can turn it off).
For children's privacy. See url:
For parents privacy see url: https://www.toytalk.com/legal/privacy/
For table of apps and what they do, see url:
A whole family marketing scheme.  Including goodies and shows on the world
wide web...including "The Winston Show"...whatever that is...

We watch and monitor our children all the time, peers, parents, teachers,
those with love and a duty of care, and we do it to protect their physical
and mental welfare and wellbeing.  We conduct experiments on our children,
with full and understanding permission of their carers, and for the benefit
of the children and for humanity. We have built in safeguards to protect
them in law, part of those safeguards is by being a member of a local

The purpose of this research, this monitoring, surveillance, collection and
analysis of data is for the purposes of marketing a "better" product or new
products, much as Face book or Google or other social media do. It uses the
voice of the child to improve the sound recognition software so that the
child understands better what the toy character will be saying...and selling
more wares and services to his/her parents!

Note!!! It will NOT be used for improving the child's speech!  So, it is not
even a learning, educational aid for the child, it is part of a marketing
strategy.  Will it be anonymous and untraceable?  Will it be anonymised?
NO!  Speech recognition software doesn't recognise quacks and squeaks or
encrypted voice...It excludes such things by its very nature.

How does one anonymise information such as a child's voice?  Is it some
computer that builds the algorithm and produces some kind of sifted and
sorted information from the digitisation of the child's voice?  Or will it
be a human being who listens in to the conversation for the purposes of
analysis?  Not that it matters.

The information technology revolution, sounded really great at first, like
some kind of Utopia, where computers would free us from the slavery and
drudgery of repetitive mechanical thought, and bring precision and fine
specifications to manufactured mass products, making for less waste, a
better and cleaner environment, more prosperity, increased knowledge,
increased sharing of knowledge, worldwide visual and sound contacts with
friends and relatives, leaving us time and more luxury to think and enjoy
our leisure, doing what we want, when we want, indulge our hobbies, travel
the world...so many benefits.  I can hear it now, the call of the scientists
in information technology.  "It is only the advancement and application of
science which will save the world"...Yup!  Heard the same thing about other
kinds of Utopias.  Aldus Huxley...et al.

Well...it does have its down side... :-).  As we are finding out!