[cryptome] Re: The downside of the Snowden case

  • From: professor rat <pro2rat@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "cryptome@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <cryptome@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 21 Jul 2013 09:31:47 -0700 (PDT)

" We did it because we loved you " - Markus Wolf, East German KGB head

"We, the Government, have vital information which we cannot disclose. It is
upon this knowledge that we make decisions. You, who are merely private
citizens, have not access to this information. Any criticism you make of our
policy, any controversy about it in which you may indulge will therefore be
uninformed and valueless. If, in spite of your ignorance, you persist in
questioning our policy, we can only conclude that you are disloyal."

Harold Thorby, Australia's defence minister in 1938

"Naturally the common people don't want war: Neither in Russia, nor in England,
nor for that matter in Germany. That is understood. But, after all, IT IS THE
LEADERS of the country who determine the policy and it is always a simple
matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist
dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice,
the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy.
All you have to do is TELL THEM THEY ARE BEING ATTACKED, and denounce the
peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. IT WORKS
THE SAME IN ANY COUNTRY."

--Goering