[cryptome] Re: The Greenhouse Effect: Was Re: Re: Cryptome is Back: BBC Monitoring Service.

  • From: Neal Lamb <nl1816a@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "cryptome@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <cryptome@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 1 Jul 2014 06:07:39 -0700

Thanks Doug,
I did find out the meaning of chapman when researching my family
lineage/heritage. I grew up in Ferguson, Mo. where my grandfather Chapman built
furnaces for houses before air conditioning(cooling) became
affordable and popular for us working class type peasants.

  My father, after WW2, Army, Purple Heart, Bronze Start worked
for(civilian,GS12/14) the USARMY at the
large Depot in St. Louis as a Technical Writer. He did not talk about it much
because of his security clearance.
Also here is some more info about the Greenhouse Effect.
http://www.nakedcapitalism.com/2014/07/gaius-publius-arctic-seafloor-methane-release-double-earlier-estimates.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+NakedCapitalism+%28naked+capitalism%29

On Tuesday, July 1, 2014 6:22 AM, doug <douglasrankine2001@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi Neal,

Robert Burns, Scotlands best...and some unkind people say...only
      poet, wrote his most widely known poem "Tam O'Shanter" which
      starts;
"When chapman billies leave the street,
And drouthy neighbours, neighbours meet,
As market days are wearin' late,
An folks begin to tak the gate..."

A chapman, in auld Scots parlance was a travelling street
      salesman...or is it person in these days of political
      correctedness.

I spent a year learning the poem off by heart.  It is a very long
      poem, around 32 verses with 4 lines in each one; and when I had
      accomplished it, I related it to me missus whilst we were still in
      bed one Sunday morning.  I have forgotten most of it now.  One can
      go to Scotland these days, and do the Burns visit, where all over
      the South West coast of Scotland, is full of places where Burns
      visited or stayed and there is a giant memorial, museum and
      theatre where one can watch his best works performed.  Tam O'
      Shanter is a wonderful poem in my view, full of the old words and
      sayings, language and metaphors and the folk myths of the people
      who lived in that part of the world in the 18th Century.  Even yet
      Burns nicht is celebrated all over the world, on January 21st,
      with whiskey and haggis and neaps and turnips and a toast tae the
      Queen.  Recently has seen the anniversary of the Battle of
      Bannockburn, one of Scotland's few victories against its English
      masters, and which is being celebrated all over Scotland.  My
      family usually has a gathering at such a time too, I can't think
      why, as they are all "English" and speak with English
      accents...One year I decided not to have it as I thought I was
      boring them, but they wouldn't allow it...

I am not a nationalist by the way and of course not believing in
      any such concept as independence, I am not an indepedent
      either...I am though...a culture vulture...I am more of an
      evolutionary these days, rather than a revolutionary...mind you,
      what is the difference in the "r"?

On 30/06/14 23:40, Neal Lamb wrote:

Well, on my mothers's side, Chapmans, have been over here since the late 1740's
after the wealthy old mans estate was confiscated upon death and  one of his
adult child business partners immigrated from