[cryptome] Re: The Greenhouse Effect: Was Re: Re: Cryptome is Back: BBC Monitoring Service.

  • From: doug <douglasrankine2001@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: cryptome@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 01 Jul 2014 12:21:46 +0100

Hi Neal,

Robert Burns, Scotlands best...and some unkind people say...only poet, wrote his most widely known poem "Tam O'Shanter" which starts;
"When chapman billies leave the street,
And drouthy neighbours, neighbours meet,
As market days are wearin' late,
An folks begin to tak the gate..."

A chapman, in auld Scots parlance was a travelling street salesman...or is it person in these days of political correctedness.

I spent a year learning the poem off by heart. It is a very long poem, around 32 verses with 4 lines in each one; and when I had accomplished it, I related it to me missus whilst we were still in bed one Sunday morning. I have forgotten most of it now. One can go to Scotland these days, and do the Burns visit, where all over the South West coast of Scotland, is full of places where Burns visited or stayed and there is a giant memorial, museum and theatre where one can watch his best works performed. Tam O' Shanter is a wonderful poem in my view, full of the old words and sayings, language and metaphors and the folk myths of the people who lived in that part of the world in the 18th Century. Even yet Burns nicht is celebrated all over the world, on January 21st, with whiskey and haggis and neaps and turnips and a toast tae the Queen. Recently has seen the anniversary of the Battle of Bannockburn, one of Scotland's few victories against its English masters, and which is being celebrated all over Scotland. My family usually has a gathering at such a time too, I can't think why, as they are all "English" and speak with English accents...One year I decided not to have it as I thought I was boring them, but they wouldn't allow it...

I am not a nationalist by the way and of course not believing in any such concept as independence, I am not an indepedent either...I am though...a culture vulture...I am more of an evolutionary these days, rather than a revolutionary...mind you, what is the difference in the "r"?

On 30/06/14 23:40, Neal Lamb wrote:
Well, on my mothers's side, Chapmans, have been over here since the late 1740's after the wealthy old mans estate was confiscated upon death and one of his adult child business partners immigrated from Northern Ireland and helped in the Revolution to free America from the City of London Banksters.
http://www.cumberland.org/hfcpc/minister/ChapmanA.htm
ALEXANDER CHAPMAN was born in Bucks county, Pennsylvania, January 2, 1776. His parents were James and Martha Chapman. His mother's family name was Kirkpatrick. The Chapman family were of English origin. Alexander Chapman's grandfather, Philip Chapman, was born in London, or its neighborhood, and his great-grandfather, the father of Philip Chapman, was in his time a merchant of considerable wealth in that city.

Down with the British,lol
I'm rooting for the Scotts on independence