[cryptome] Re: The Greenhouse Effect: Was Re: Re: Cryptome is Back: BBC Monitoring Service.

  • From: doug <douglasrankine2001@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: cryptome@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 01 Jul 2014 14:33:02 +0100

Hi Neal,
And there was I thinking that it was all those cow farts wot were causing the problem after reading a paper that we were doomed if we didn't find some other way of producing meat...and that I was going to have to change my diet from being a meat eater to a vegetarian.

I can only say that I look forward to the planet warming up, as one feels the cold a lot more as one gets older. I am still awaiting to see how the continental shift patterns fit into all of this and when someone is going to publish some research about when the Earth's inner core is going to go through meltdown, or get a lot colder. At one time England used to be a tropical country with lots of forest and stuff, and the North and South Pole were not quite where they are now. Even the Earth's circumference changes, as does its wobble on its axis. No wonder I feel dizzy at times. It all gets very confusing...what would we do without our satnavs... O:-) . I wonder what would happen to the planet if we could arrange it that every human being jumped up and down at the same time...

My old man escaped the Second World war because he was in a restricted trade. He made false teeth and there was a big shortage of them apparently. He made plenty of money during that time, people would pay out an arm and a leg for a set of false teeth. He was so well known that letters addessed to Alan Rankine, Dental Mechanic. Falkirk got delivered no problem. Those were the days when most people knew each other and the extended family was very much in evidence. Transport was public and the private car was scarce and mostly for the rich. My mother was a foundry worker and only remembers two bombs falling near our home. Apparently the German pilot either got lost or was too scared to go through the barrages which surrounded the industrial areas and main cities and dropped them at random. When I was a kid, we used to play soldiers in them and eventually turned them into places where we could ride our bikes...The bikes came later, when prosperity started to return. Didn't need no local council in them days to build such things for us...and the playgrounds are still there, lasted a lot longer than those concrete jobs they build today, at so much expense.

On 01/07/14 14:07, Neal Lamb wrote:
Thanks Doug,
I did find out the meaning of chapman when researching my family lineage/heritage. I grew up in Ferguson, Mo. where my grandfather Chapman built furnaces for houses before air conditioning(cooling) became
affordable and popular for us working class type peasants.
My father, after WW2, Army, Purple Heart, Bronze Start worked for(civilian,GS12/14) the USARMY at the large Depot in St. Louis as a Technical Writer. He did not talk about it much because of his security clearance.
Also here is some more info about the Greenhouse Effect.
http://www.nakedcapitalism.com/2014/07/gaius-publius-arctic-seafloor-methane-release-double-earlier-estimates.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+NakedCapitalism+%28naked+capitalism%29

On Tuesday, July 1, 2014 6:22 AM, doug <douglasrankine2001@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi Neal,

Robert Burns, Scotlands best...and some unkind people say...only poet, wrote his most widely known poem "Tam O'Shanter" which starts;
"When chapman billies leave the street,
And drouthy neighbours, neighbours meet,
As market days are wearin' late,
An folks begin to tak the gate..."

A chapman, in auld Scots parlance was a travelling street salesman...or is it person in these days of political correctedness.

I spent a year learning the poem off by heart. It is a very long poem, around 32 verses with 4 lines in each one; and when I had accomplished it, I related it to me missus whilst we were still in bed one Sunday morning. I have forgotten most of it now. One can go to Scotland these days, and do the Burns visit, where all over the South West coast of Scotland, is full of places where Burns visited or stayed and there is a giant memorial, museum and theatre where one can watch his best works performed. Tam O' Shanter is a wonderful poem in my view, full of the old words and sayings, language and metaphors and the folk myths of the people who lived in that part of the world in the 18th Century. Even yet Burns nicht is celebrated all over the world, on January 21st, with whiskey and haggis and neaps and turnips and a toast tae the Queen. Recently has seen the anniversary of the Battle of Bannockburn, one of Scotland's few victories against its English masters, and which is being celebrated all over Scotland. My family usually has a gathering at such a time too, I can't think why, as they are all "English" and speak with English accents...One year I decided not to have it as I thought I was boring them, but they wouldn't allow it...

I am not a nationalist by the way and of course not believing in any such concept as independence, I am not an indepedent either...I am though...a culture vulture...I am more of an evolutionary these days, rather than a revolutionary...mind you, what is the difference in the "r"?

On 30/06/14 23:40, Neal Lamb wrote:
Well, on my mothers's side, Chapmans, have been over here since the late 1740's after the wealthy old mans estate was confiscated upon death and one of his adult child business partners immigrated from Northern Ireland and helped in the Revolution to free America from the City of London Banksters.
http://www.cumberland.org/hfcpc/minister/ChapmanA.htm
ALEXANDER CHAPMAN was born in Bucks county, Pennsylvania, January 2, 1776. His parents were James and Martha Chapman. His mother's family name was Kirkpatrick. The Chapman family were of English origin. Alexander Chapman's grandfather, Philip Chapman, was born in London, or its neighborhood, and his great-grandfather, the father of Philip Chapman, was in his time a merchant of considerable wealth in that city.

Down with the British,lol
I'm rooting for the Scotts on independence