[cryptome] Re: The Greenhouse Effect: Was Re: Re: Cryptome is Back: BBC Monitoring Service.

  • From: Neal Lamb <nl1816a@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "cryptome@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <cryptome@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 28 Jun 2014 10:35:19 -0700

Anniversary weekend of the start of the Great War

Robert Newman - History of Oil
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GIpm_8v80hw

https://www.linkedin.com/profile/view?id=8583522&authType=NAME_SEARCH&authToken=ZhIy&locale=en_US&srchid=85835221403976831946&srchindex=1&srchtotal=5&trk=vsrp_people_res_name&trkInfo=VSRPsearchId%3A85835221403976831946%2CVSRPtargetId%3A8583522%2CVSRPcmpt%3Aprimary

On Saturday, June 28, 2014 12:11 PM, doug <douglasrankine2001@xxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

Hi Neal,
I remember when I was a kid, my grandfather telling me that the
      ground was so hot, that he used to burn his feet on the pavement
      on the way to school.  It turned out that he had no shoes.
When I were a kid, I remember learning at school that we were
      heading for the next Ice Age and it was going to get colder and
      colder.

When I were an adult and first became involved in the "Green"
      movement after reading a book on it in the 1960's, I was told that
      by now, the planet would have run out of oil, gas, and would be so
      polluted and so full of people as to make life impossible.

When I was middle aged, along came a  man called Tony Blair and
      started taxing me so as to protect the environment and then gave
      all the money to large companies to produce more "green" energy
      like wind turbines and solar panels.  I am not opposed to such
      things, but it is funny how defence expenditure and the waste of
      resources and energy created by the defence industry, is somehow
      immune from criticism.

Nowadays I take a much more dubious and conservative approach.  I
      have little doubt that CO2 is on the increase, whether it is due
      to mankinds activities on the planet or for some other reason, I
      don't know.  And whether the increase in CO2 is causing the planet
      to heat up, and I do believe that it is heating up, but whether it
      will continue to do so, I haven't a clue, but I have my doubts as
      to the cause, or whether we can do anything about it.  I do have
      concerns about the holes in the ozone layer which we are now
      trying to patch up.  And I have always advocated that we should
      use energy efficient forms of production and manufacturing and
      protect and care for our environment, learn to recycle more,
      conserve and grow more trees in a sustainable way and try and
      minimise the effect on the environment which human activity does
      have.  I am also conscious that change of the global environment,
      from such things as sunspot activity, volcanic eruption, thunder
      and lightning can release a lot more heat and radiation in a day,
      than the energy produced in the whole of human history.

It is interesting to note that as carbon dioxide increases in the
      atmosphere, then certain plants and trees will be encouraged to
      grow and take it up.

I also tend to go along with the views of Lovelock, in that if
      such climate change is taking place, there is nuffink or little we
      can do about it...Objective, evidence based science these days has
      a lot of lobbyists acting on its behalf in the competition for
      resources...

Maybe I am just stupid for thinking all those thoughts, and really
      should go and pull up my trowsis and sit in the dunces chair...

On 28/06/14 16:30, Neal Lamb wrote:

http://www.aip.org/history/climate/co2.htm