[cryptome] Re: The Dark Web

  • From: Shaun O'Connor <capricorn8159@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: cryptome@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 16 Jan 2015 01:11:51 +0000

the "Dark" web is basically the internet but scrambled, hidden, encrypted.

gaining access to the dark web so called is usually accomplished using
dedicated software.

three examples

TOR- very popular,  originally developed by the US naval research
laboratory I think

i2P  also quite popular their web site is based in Germany i think

freenet.uses a three tier authentication system from  insecure( connect
through strangers)

quite secure( connect using a mixture of strangers and friends)

very secure( connect with friends only)

 however, we have to be careful with our definition here because the
politician has made an erroneous distinction.  That politician has
attempted to create confusion and fear in the minds of the average joe
who knows sweet FA about the subtleties of the internet. That politician
has reddefined the "dark" web, as the purely criminal element, if that
is so, then we can include the wonderfully paranoid, over zealous
members of the security services to the band of merry peadophiles.
rapists, murderers. porn pushers, philanderers, etc since the security
services make extensive use of the dark web in pursuit of their spying
efforts.

ATB

Shaun

https://www.eff.org/deeplinks/2014/11/when-time-comes-we-need-be-ready-fight-tpps-secret-anti-user-agenda