[cryptome] Re: The Dark Web

  • From: doug <douglasrankine2001@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: cryptome@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 16 Jan 2015 10:43:24 +0000

Hi You Guys,
Tx for all the information, most informative. I must say I didn't recognise it from the phrase as she so vividly disturbed my imagination with the description of all the horrors and exciting things contained within it, that I was scurrying and scumbling all over the place trying to find out where it was. This lady is standing for election I believe, and may already be a leading light in our society. She sounded most highly educated, particularly on internet technology. Isn't it just terrible how one can be so wrong. One, after all, has to have "arrived" to get on to BBC Question Time.

And your right, wee mousies don't get on too well with onions, long tails, Catnix etc. though Nixin qubes of cheese sounds nice. If I were to install all that stuff, I would only fuck it up and probably crash the dark web for months ahead. I think I will stick to the virtual heavenly side...rather than that dark web where all of Auld Nick's fires have gone out....much more fun. Must be bloody cold down there, unless of course all you guys are sweating stoking them up...:-) . Having the NSA on ones right shoulder and GCHQ on ones left, is far safer than having them secretly tied round ones nuts...:-)

On 16/01/15 05:08, coderman wrote:
On 1/15/15, coderman <coderman@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
but really, directly via .onion using the Tor Browser is best. see
this to say that Tor Browser is a bare minimum for all web work, to
take advantage of the protections provided. you can certainly improve
upon it with defense in depth like Tails, Qubes-Tor VM, Whonix, PORTAL
routers, etc. :)

... but that's a tangent more for cypherpunks perhaps, and all
bullshit by some means, per JYA.  *grin*