[cryptome] The Art of Deception: Was: Re: Re: Fw: "The Battle for Iran," 1953: Re-Release of CIA Internal History Spotlights New Details about anti-Mosaddeq Coup

  • From: doug <douglasrankine2001@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: cryptome@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 28 Jun 2014 17:45:46 +0100

Hi Neal,
Only 10 big lies! Obama must really be a good President then, if he has managed to get away with so few.;-) That is of course if the criteria for a good President is how good a liar he is, or how many lies he tells, or how many he gets caught out on. Is it a question of degree, or quantity or quality perhaps?

I can never understand why people expect politicians or ministers of state or governors or governments or civil servants to tell the truth. Just because one is brought up with the myth, doesn't mean to say that one has to believe in it. What is "The Truth" anyway? And if there is only one truth, then there can only be one lie...in my view?

It brings back memories of that old protest song, during the Vietnam War. "What did you learn in school today, dear little boy of mine...I learned that policemen were my friends..." by Pete Seager.

There is a good read called "The Art of Deception" a book available on Amazon, written from a sociological point of view, about why people tell lies. She says that everyone tells lies, all the time, every day...and for no apparent reason. Don't know how good her research is, or where she got it from...but it certainly doesn't apply to me...O:-)