[cryptome] Re: The Art of Deception: Too Honest?

  • From: Aftermath <aftermath.thegreat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "cryptome@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <cryptome@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 19 Mar 2015 22:25:35 -0700

thank you for the advice. taking out a low interest loan from my bank would
actually be the intelligent thing to do, I agree. The debt has mostly been
taken care of but the damage to my credit remains.

The circumstances of the debt are unfortunate as I knew exactly what I was
doing and exactly what I was getting into but it was unavoidable for the
most part.

I originally got the card because I wanted to try this little loophole that
would allow me to get many free airmile rewards while at the same time
getting excellent credit (the reward plan was for every dollar I spent, I
would get 1 air mile for my next airplane trip).

The plan was to buy gold or silver coins at a good rate and have them
shipped too me and sell them for what I got them for (or even make a small
profit if possible) and pay off the debt from the card. I never did
actually make a profit because shipping was expensive, but I did often come
close to breaking even while at the same time acquiring the airmiles and as
well it
was good for my credit to do this.
The trick to this was to buy the coins (or other items directly redemable
for cash) as cheep as possible, get them shipped too you quickly, but as
inexpensively as possible and pay the debt before any interest would be
acquired on the card.

Rinse repeat. Im told this worked much better in the states at one point
when the treasury would press special commemorative legal tender coins of
some sort and ship them too you for free, where you could then take them
directly to the bank and pay off your debt with them.

Unfortunately I came into some serious financial hardship that I was not
expecting at all. I needed that card to buy ramin noodles and occasionally
splurge on hot dogs and kraft dinner. I also learned some really creative
recipes during this time. Did you know that with a few packets of ketchup,
some salt and water you can make some not bad tomato soup? I suppose it
might not have tasted so good if I weren't as hungry, but I digress..

 I acquired the debt because I needed to survive. My credit is shot but I
did not starve. My financial situation is much much better now and I am no
longer eating like a college student with a cocaine habit, but I will not
be making any online purchases with a credit card of my own any time soon,
thus the need for me to use alternative forms of currency to buy goods and
services on the internet.

The bright side of things, I can make a few airplane trips if I need too :)

PS: if you're Canadian, like myself, there is (or was, not quite sure if it
still works) a hack that kind of fixes your credit, at least with the
credit agency 'equifax'

See the article "How to Fix Your Credit the Easy Way" by "gHoSt" at the
following URL: https://www.nettwerked.net/K-1ine_48.txt

the tl;dr of the article is you have your SIN number changed by reporting
your card stolen. equifax used your SIN number as their unique identifier
for you in their database. By having yoru SIN number changed it essentially
reset your credit rating with that particular credit agency.

PPS: again, thank you for the sensible financial advice.