[cryptome] Re: TOR Article

  • From: Shaun O'Connor <capricorn8159@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: cryptome@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2014 14:49:12 +0000

that was a good one Douggie and I agree entirely with your sentiments on
privacy, security  etc.
what bothers me is the way people are being misled into entrusting their
privacy to third parties in the mistaken belief that so doing will give
them more freedom to get on with whatever they are doing.

Personally my view is if one wants to maximise operational security (
i'll call it opsec in future) then it behoves them to get their hands
dirtly and learn the craft rather then rely on someone else to do it for
them. there is always a tradeoff between convenience and control.

ATB
Shaun
ps
Will look at the links later .