[cryptome] TOR: A Sybil Attack

  • From: douglas rankine <douglasrankine2001@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: cryptome@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 26 Feb 2016 23:45:37 +0000

see url: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sybil_attack

I.P addresses are public property, therefore have no expectation of a right to privacy...FBI. Quoted in in USG v Apple from another case. I think it was used in the Silk Road case, where the FBI got some help from some university or other...and paid for it...but I could be wrong...:-) . Summat to do with setting up a lot of false nodes, or Sybils wot confuses a computer, but allows the I.P. address to be revealed. I do wish I knew a bit more about all this telecommunications stuff...haven't a clue wot is going on...Perhaps one of you guys on here who has a bit o' knowledge can explain it a bit better...so's I can understand it...