[cryptome] Re: Syria

  • From: John Young <jya@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: cryptome@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 29 Aug 2013 07:54:38 -0400

We are open to technical means of gentle but not draconian
filtering which requires no more than bozo capability.

Send easy to understand instructions for us bozos keeping
in mind the information about the list available in the headers
or at freelists.org. We are lazier than machinely possible.

And a shout out to Eugen: we get most of our comsec news
filtered through his generous mailings of an impressive batch
of top bozo offerings. Sorry, Eugen, I understand that bozo is a
term for the best laziest and most duplicitous comsec pretentions.

To wit, security is fundamentally deception by tsunamis of bullshit,
perfect for the internet.

At 05:28 AM 8/29/2013, you wrote:
On Wed, Aug 28, 2013 at 10:55:43AM -0700, coderman wrote:

> everyone who is seemingly stymied by mail filters, deferring their

Sorry, coderman, but this is one of very rare cases when
you don't know what you're talking about.

> input evaluation to third party "moderators", is a lazy lout or
> negligent nincompoop!

Yes, this describes most list subscribers down to a T.
Especially, high-value contributors.

> your personal responsibility upon joining any list is to evaluate the
> origin and content of received communications and apply filters or
> mute accordingly.
> do not shirk this responsibility to others, lest the blinders and echo
> chamber cripple mind...

1. Make Mailman moderate new subscribers by default
2. Unmute subscriber after first nonbozo post
3. Keep the 1-3 bozos on mod until they get the message

The only alternative to this is slow community death.
Your choice, of course.