[cryptome] Re: Syria

  • From: Shelley <shelley@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: cryptome@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 28 Aug 2013 02:52:38 -0700

Hearing John Kerry blustering on in mock outrage, accusing the Syrian
gov't of "using weapons against defenseless men, women and children"
before having evidence of who was behind that particular attack-- when
this country is guilty of the same, and much worse--  made me feel just
as ill as it did when when the last administration lied us into two
wars.

Despite Kerry's bloviations, this is in part a dick-measuring contest.
They haven't given a fuck about the horrors befalling the Syrian people
for the past 2+ years.  But Obama opened his big mouth and spewed
threats about crossing a "red line" and now the USA's "credibility" (as
if we had any. How they say this shit with a straight face is beyond me)
is on the line.

They also must knock the string of NSA scandals off the front page and
stoke the Fear Factory.  Each new Snowden disclosure exposes more lies
and abuse, and shows them to be even more incompetent and corrupt than
we already suspected.

This is a rogue administration that has the same delusion of being above
and beyond laws and international treaties and conventions as did the
last idiot (but the current idiot is emboldened by his Nobel Peace
Prize.)

Excuse me while I go vomit up the irony.

----

On Aug 27, 2013 10:03 PM, Kenneth Rasmusson <rasken@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

It's already a blatant war crime attacking with one singular Tomahawk.
Here's ten crucial points to contemplate. They should suffice well for
to understand that these types of acts are war crimes...
http://tinyurl.com/kkjgu3s

Kenneth Rasmusson
Free Editor in Sweden

2013-08-28, Andrew Hornback wrote:

Okay, let's say that we drop a couple of Tomahawks (which aren't cheap,
since I'm thinking as a US taxpayer at this point) on a chemical weapons
depot in Syria... causing the instantaneous release of those chemical
weapons on the area surrounding the depot. Â While the initial attack is
a 100% bullseye (hypothetically), the attack ends up killing or
otherwise maiming 10,000 Syrian citizens. Â Is that not an act of
aggression, bordering on an act of war, on the part of the United
States?