[cryptome] Re: Syria

  • From: Terry Story <tstory@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: cryptome@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 29 Aug 2013 10:45:45 -0700

Is it really? I think not, since the UN is in control of the totalitarian governments of the world and there will be no resolution from there, ergo, unilateral action on the part of the United States again!

On 8/29/2013 5:35 AM, Haim Barak wrote:
What has happened in Syria is not a local event but a crime against humanity, violations of international law is responsible therefore joins world to respond to that. Syria was an ethical boundary violation, violation of international law. The entire world witnessed the difficult images of the bodies of Syrian children lying on the floor. President Obama spoke for all of humanity when he said that there can be no violation of international law, mass murder without adequate response. We understand that this time the reaction is global rather than local.

On Thu, Aug 29, 2013 at 7:54 AM, John Young <jya@xxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:jya@xxxxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

    We are open to technical means of gentle but not draconian
    filtering which requires no more than bozo capability.

    Send easy to understand instructions for us bozos keeping
    in mind the information about the list available in the headers
    or at freelists.org <//freelists.org>. We are lazier than
    machinely possible.

    And a shout out to Eugen: we get most of our comsec news
    filtered through his generous mailings of an impressive batch
    of top bozo offerings. Sorry, Eugen, I understand that bozo is a
    term for the best laziest and most duplicitous comsec pretentions.

    To wit, security is fundamentally deception by tsunamis of bullshit,
    perfect for the internet.

    At 05:28 AM 8/29/2013, you wrote:

        On Wed, Aug 28, 2013 at 10:55:43AM -0700, coderman wrote:

        > everyone who is seemingly stymied by mail filters, deferring
        their

        Sorry, coderman, but this is one of very rare cases when
        you don't know what you're talking about.

        > input evaluation to third party "moderators", is a lazy lout or
        > negligent nincompoop!

        Yes, this describes most list subscribers down to a T.
        Especially, high-value contributors.

        > your personal responsibility upon joining any list is to
        evaluate the
        > origin and content of received communications and apply
        filters or
        > mute accordingly.
        >
        > do not shirk this responsibility to others, lest the
        blinders and echo
        > chamber cripple mind...

        1. Make Mailman moderate new subscribers by default
        2. Unmute subscriber after first nonbozo post
        3. Keep the 1-3 bozos on mod until they get the message

        The only alternative to this is slow community death.
        Your choice, of course.

--
Haim Barak
To Serve and Protect Our Community

This e-mail is intended only for the named recipient(s) and may contain
information that is privileged, confidential and/or exempt from
disclosure under applicable law. No waiver of privilege, confidence or
otherwise is intended by virtue of communication via the Internet. Any
unauthorized use, dissemination or copying is strictly prohibited.
Thank you.