[cryptome] Re: Surveillance Free Day Part 1

  • From: Gary Wallin <garylwallin@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: cryptome@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 29 Jul 2013 07:49:15 -0500

On 7/29/2013 6:28 AM, John Young wrote:

An entertaining take on the preposterous idea of going surveillance-free.

I like the salient commentary: "Both Jon and Gary pointed out one of the central paradoxes of my day -- that, by downloading Tor and HideMyAss, by paying for software in Bitcoin, wrapping my phones in foil, and by turning my head into a giant glowing orb, I'm effectively asking to be put on a terrorist watch list. It's the digital equivalent of hanging a big "I'M SKETCHY" sign around my neck."

As we learned from the Borg in Star Trek -  Resistance is Futile!

Surveillance is part of our nature now and we must learn to live with it. Better that it be used to freshen the air and inform the public than become a tool of those that would oppress.

All my email is subject to viewing by the Panopticon ::
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Panopticon ::
Except in the imaginations of the netizens there is no real secrecy or privacy
on the Internets. The powers that be have been elevated to lofty positions of
near omnipresence. Enjoy, adapt, and survive.