[cryptome] Schneier on Snowden Docs

  • From: "Douglas Rankine" <douglasrankine2001@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <cryptome@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 19 Jun 2015 12:00:52 +0100

http://www.wired.com/2015/06/course-china-russia-snowden-documents/

Good article in my opinion. There is always an assumption that ones
organisations security is absolutely perfect and that the "enemy" is
incapable, incompetent, not as technologically advanced or just plain stupid
to have the ability to penetrate ones defences, even when the overwhelming
evidence points to the contrary. One just doesn't know how much stuff ones
adversaries have, and if one does, one tends to keep it quiet from ones self
and ones home population...Blame only gets apportioned to others. If it
hadn't been for Snowden, where would we be... J.

"There is a luxury in self-reproach. When we blame ourselves, we feel that
no one else has a right to blame us. It is the confession, not the priest,
that gives us absolution."
― Oscar Wilde <http://www.goodreads.com/author/show/3565.Oscar_Wilde> , The
Picture of Dorian Gray <http://www.goodreads.com/work/quotes/1858012>