[cryptome] Re: Regin: Top-tier espionage tool enables stealthy surveillance

  • From: Shaun O'Connor <capricorn8159@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: cryptome@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 25 Nov 2014 19:14:57 +0000

Judging by the targets of REGIN as it has been dubbed, demonstrates
quite clearly that the surveillance apparatus has NOTHING whatsoever to
do with counter terrorism and everything to do with
industrial/commercial espionage on a grand scale. ( counter terrorism
probably being just a smokescreen).

the timing is interestng as well since in the UK Theresa may in the UK
has made big play of using tracking methodoligies in order to locate and
disrupt the activities of people  deemed to have been ( or are being)
"radicalised". it is known from past events that this level of
surveillance has been and is used against. for example. journalists
conducting their legitimate business ( this particularly has a knock on
effect for investigative journalists who rely on confidentiality to find
information that is clearly in the public interest. )

to go a little off topic lets consider the definition of liberalization.
at its most extreme it is a process whereby an individual or group of
individuals undergoes a shift in their beleifs and transitions to
plotting, planning and ultimately executing violent acts in support of
their views, on the other hand redicaziation can , in its most benign
form refers to a radical shift in viewpoints that is contrary to
government thinking and policy but leads to reasoned argument and
protest as a consequence..

Of course no one in their right mind would object to measures designed
to curb violent conduct in all its forms but their is a growing concern
i think that theese massive surveilance measures are in danger of being
used for  potentially heinous reasons like rounding up minority groups
because they are not "economically viable".

what's the betting that, in the not too distant future it will be quite
possible to intercept the electrical impulses from an individuals brain.
decode those impulses and then extract the individuals thought processes
in human readable form  in real time. ( it has already been demonstrated
that images can be captured from the occipital lobe of the brain and
viewed on a screen ).

ATB

Shaun

https://www.eff.org/deeplinks/2014/11/when-time-comes-we-need-be-ready-fight-tpps-secret-anti-user-agenda